Freelance Creative Director 2016-Present
Creative Director on several accounts and new business pitches. Clients include Subway Sandwiches and Dish Network thru MARCA Miami; Lowe's thru BBDO New York; FoodSaver, Crockpot, Coleman, BabyJogger and Mr. Coffee thru Splash Worldwide; Regional Help Wanted thru Hyperbolic Creative.
BBDO New York 2016-2017
Creative Director on Subway Sandwiches, for Hispanic and General Market. Also worked on pitches for DirecTV Latin America, AT&T Mexico and Pepsi Global. BBDO Worldwide is 15,000 people in 289 agencies across 81 countries, all focused on: The Work. The Work. The Work.
Identity / IPG Mediabrands 2015-2016
Creative Director on Sling TV and Dish TV. The Sling TV campaign has generated the best results ever for any Dish Network company.
Identity is the IPG Mediabrands agency focused on culture. Their underlying philosophy of integration and innovation enabled us to execute Total Market plans with cultural nuances that drive results.
Freelance Creative Director 2015-2016
Creative Director on several accounts and new business pitches, including one new business win. Clients include Time Warner Cable, Anthem Health, Regional Help Wanted thru Hyperbolic Creative, CKO Kickboxing, The Harbor, Vociferous.
Lopez Negrete 1990-1999 and 2005-2015 (Yes, that’s twice.)
Was the agency’s first Creative Director as it grew from six employees to 200+.
Responsible for leading multi-disciplinary creative teams on various accounts as well as new business pitches and wins, including:
• Mass media and direct-response campaigns for Verizon FiOS
• Multi-media campaigns for Verizon Wireless, including social extensions
• Consumer campaigns for Bank of America (and NationsBank)
• Consumer campaigns for Walmart and Walmart Financial
• Consumer campaigns for VISA
• Re-inventing print collateral for MassMutual
• Radio campaign for Hilton Hotels for the US and Latin America
• TV and radio for the Arizona Lottery and the Texas Lottery
• Pitched and won 360-degree campaigns for Dr Pepper and 7Up
• Worked on print and radio for Motts and Squirt
• Won the pitch for Miller Lite
• TV, print, radio and outdoor for the Metropolitan Transit Authority
• Pitched and worked on Goya Foods, Humana, Fiesta Marts, Rent-A-Center
• General market work: TV for Walmart Financial. Print and collateral for the Alley Theatre, Houston Ballet, NBA Houston Rockets, Museum of Fine Arts Houston, Houston Symphony, Kickerillo Companies
Hired to work on Compaq Computers for Latin America: print, point-of-sale collateral, digital and interactive. Transitioned to general market. Also:
• TV, print and radio for the Houston Chronicle
• Print collateral and catalogs for Igloo Products
• Pitched and won TV, radio and outdoor for HomeVestors
• TV, radio, print and digital for Mahindra Tractors, NFL Houston Texans, H-E-B Grocery & Central Market, regional KFC & Taco Bell, The Sterling Group, Hines, End Hunger Network, Compass Bank, Café Express, Crime Stoppers, Reliant Park, Hotel Derek
Gonzalez Design 1988-1990
Freelance Graphic Design and Creative Direction
The Porter Agency 1986-1988
Graphic Design and Advertising
Graphic Concepts 1982-1986
Graphic Design and Advertising
Fernando Zavala Diseño 1980-1982
Graphic and Audio Visual Presentation Design
Diseño Industrial SC 1976-1980
Industrial Design, Presentation Design
Universidad Iberoamericana 1980-1982
Teacher – Descriptive Geometry – Theory and Lab
Universidad Iberoamericana 1976-1980
Major in Industrial Design with a minor in Exhibit Design